Established in 2011, the Ontario Council on Articulation and Transfer (ONCAT) was created to enhance academic pathways and reduce barriers for students looking to transfer among Ontario’s public colleges, universities, and Indigenous institutes.
Alongside our members and stakeholders, we do this by:
Supporting projects aimed at creating and expanding credit transfer pathways and improving our understanding of student mobility and the student transfer experience;
- Engaging Ontario's regions and communities through facilitated groups;
Collecting credit transfer data and sharing resources;
Hosting events that bring together credit transfer experts from across the province; and,
Connecting students to transfer opportunities through ONTransfer.ca.
ONCAT is incorporated under the Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act and is governed according to the ONCAT General Bylaws.
Board of Directors
The ONCAT Board is a diverse collection of college and university leaders, members who have experience on school boards, students, and other postsecondary stakeholders. The ONCAT Board provides advice on the strategic direction of the organization.
- Ron Common, President & CEO, Sault College
- Deb MacLatchy, President and Vice-Chancellor, Wilfrid Laurier University
- Tori Arnett, Student Representative, St. Lawrence College
- David Barnett, Vice President, Academic, Lakehead University
- Christine Bradaric-Baus, External Representative, Vice-President Academic, Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College
- Serge Demers, Registrar, Laurentian University
- Cindy Fong, Registrar, Seneca College
- Adam Hopkins, Sr. Vice President Academic, First Nations Technical Institute
- Kathryn Kettle, Graduate Representative
- Lyne Michaud, Vice President, Academic, Collège Boréal
- Casey Phillips, Vice President Students, Nipissing University
- Laura Stanbra, Vice President Student Services, Algonquin College
- Stephanie Ye-Mowe, Student Representative, University of Waterloo
Ex-Officio Members of the Board
- Adrienne Galway, Executive Director, ONCAT
- Janet Hope, Vice President of Policy and Innovation, Colleges Ontario
- Heather Lane, Executive Director, Ontario Universities' Application Centre
- Robert Luke, CEO, eCampusOntario
- Marc Provencher, President & CEO, OCAS
- Marny Scully, Vice President of Policy and Strategy, Council of Ontario Universities
Collaboration is at the core of what we do at ONCAT.
In addition to our member institutions—all 45 of Ontario’s public colleges and universities—we work with various postsecondary stakeholders.
Our Partners Include:
- Indigenous Institutes;
- The Government of Ontario and Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU);
- Sector organizations like the Higher Education Quality Council of Ontario (HECQO) and eCampusOntario; and
- Representative bodies like the Council of Ontario Universities (COU), Colleges Ontario (CO), the Canadian Federation of Students-Ontario (CFS-ON), the Ontario Undergraduate Student Alliance (OUSA), and the College Student Alliance (CSA).