Established in 2011, the Ontario Council on Articulation and Transfer (ONCAT) was created to enhance academic pathways and reduce barriers for students looking to transfer among Ontario’s public colleges and universities, and Indigenous institutes.
Alongside our members and stakeholders, we do this by:
Supporting projects aimed at creating and expanding credit transfer pathways and improving our understanding of student mobility and the student transfer experience;
- Engaging Ontario's regions and communities through facilitated groups;
Collecting credit transfer data and sharing resources;
Hosting events that bring together credit transfer experts from across the province; and,
Connecting students to transfer opportunities through ONTransfer.ca.
Yvette Munro, Executive Director
Tel: 416-640-6958 (direct)
Shauna Love, Operations Director
Tel: 416-640-6951 x302
Andrew Wilson, Transfer and Technology Director
Tel: 416-640-6951 x316
Peter Ssekiziyivu Desera, Finance Manager
Tel: x313, C: (647) 520-4539
Inna Yeranosyan, Administrative Coordinator – Grants and Projects
Melinda Cheng, Research Data Analyst
Spencer Gordon, Communications Specialist
Lena Balata, Data Enhancement Project Lead: ONTransfer.ca
Sarah Fuchs, Senior Policy Analyst
Natalie Isber, Project Manager
Roger Pizarro Milian, Senior Researcher
Carolyn Poplak, Sector Engagement Manager
Ana Skinner, Manager, Funding Programs
Amy Oziel, Operations Coordinator
Rod Missaghian, Researcher
Jane Waldner, Office and Meeting Coordinator
ONCAT is incorporated under the Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act and is governed according to the ONCAT General Bylaws.
Board of Directors
The ONCAT Board is a diverse collection of college and university leaders, members who have experience on school boards, students, and other postsecondary stakeholders. The ONCAT Board provides advice on the strategic direction of the organization.
- Deb MacLatchy, President and Vice-Chancellor, Wilfrid Laurier University
- Ron Common, President, Sault College
- Caitlin Smith, George Brown College, College Student Representative
- Christine Bradaric-Baus, Vice-President Academic, Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College, External Representative
- Elaine Popp, Vice-President Academic, Durham College
- Kathryn Kettle, University Student Representative
- Lyne Michaud, Vice President Academic Affairs, Collège Boréal
- Pierre Riopel, External Representative
- Serge Demers, Interim Vice-President, Academic and Provost, Laurentian University
- Susan McCahan, Vice-Provost, Innovations in Undergraduate Education, University of Toronto
- vacant, College/University Graduate Representative
Ex-Officio Members of the Board
- David Fulford, Vice-President Research, Colleges Ontario
- David Porter, Former Executive Director, eCampusOntario
- Eva Busza, Vice-President, Policy and Sector Collaboration, Council of Ontario Universities
- Heather Lane, Executive Director, Ontario Universities' Application Centre
- Karen Creditor, Chief Executive Officer, Ontario College Application Service
- Yvette Munro, Executive Director, ONCAT
Collaboration is at the core of what we do at ONCAT.
In addition to our member institutions—all 45 of Ontario’s public colleges and universities—we work with various postsecondary stakeholders.
Our Partners Include:
- Indigenous Institutes;
- The Government of Ontario and Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU);
- Sector organizations like the Higher Education Quality Council of Ontario (HECQO) and eCampusOntario; and
- Representative bodies like the Council of Ontario Universities (COU), Colleges Ontario (CO), the Canadian Federation of Students-Ontario (CFS-ON), the Ontario Undergraduate Student Alliance (OUSA), and the College Student Alliance (CSA).