Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Location: Downtown Toronto location at University and Dundas, near St. Patrick Station (180 Dundas West, Suite 1902) – Remote to start
Salary Range: $75,000 to $85,000
About the Employer
Established in 2011, the Ontario Council on Articulation and Transfer (ONCAT) was created to enhance academic pathways and reduce barriers for students looking to transfer among Ontario's publicly funded colleges, universities and Indigenous institutes. As a member organization, we work with those institutions to develop transfer credit policies and practices to ease student mobility. As a non-profit organization created and funded by the Government of Ontario, ONCAT works with postsecondary education institutions to build a seamless system for transfer credit in Ontario and support student mobility.
ONCAT staff are currently working from home and plan to gradually return to the office mid-October three (3) days per week.
About the Position
If you are a talented and creative communications professional looking to join a diverse group of highly skilled, intelligent people who are passionate about student mobility, we are looking for a Communications Manager.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the incumbent will be digitally savvy and collaborative. Their main responsibility will be supporting the implementation of ONCAT’s strategic goals and priorities through the continued development and execution of ONCAT’s communications plan. This includes creative development and production of print and digital communications and collaborating with ONCAT colleagues on knowledge mobilization initiatives that make sector-wide research and policy work more creatively accessible. The incumbent cultivates and manages positive communications internally and externally with students, colleges, universities, media and the community.
- Manages the development of communication materials with the support of a Communications Coordinator.
- Prepares written materials including copywriting for business communications, reports, media releases, newsletters, presentation scripts, conference materials and the Annual Report.
- Works with ONCAT’s Senior Researcher to capture and represent research project findings in accessible formats for multiple audiences.
- Collaborates with ONCAT colleagues and stakeholders developing visually engaging and informative infographics, and maintaining a strong social media presence for ONCAT and ONTransfer.ca
- Represents ONCAT at various media events, workshops, and fairs internal and external to the organization.
- Synthesizes insights from multiple ONCAT activities and initiatives to support ONCAT’s priorities.
- Manages the development and oversight of ONCAT’s visual identity.
- Develops print collateral including brochures, annual reports, infographics and corporate communications materials.
- Ensures consistency and quality in ONCAT’s products and communication materials.
- Manages external vendors to coordinate production and printing.
- Develops content for ONTransfer.ca, ONCAT.ca and social media channels (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.).
- Works with ONCAT staff leads to ensure ONCAT’s corporate website is updated and content refreshed on a regular basis.
- Nurtures and builds relationships with vendors and other industry contacts to craft and execute creative marketing materials.
Communication Planning and Evaluation
- Develops and manages ONCAT’s annual communications/public relations plan to advance and broaden awareness of programs and priorities.
- Evaluates spending, defining return on investment for promotional activities in line with ONCAT’s budget.
- Manages ONCAT’s social media strategy broadening read to appropriate audiences.
- Collaborates with ONCAT’s Operations Director to ensure objectives are met.
- Leads departmental budget development and monitoring.
- Oversees production of ONCAT’s print and digital communication to promote both the corporate and student facing websites (ONCAT.ca and ONTransfer.ca).
- Supports the redevelopment of ONCAT.ca and collaborates with colleagues in the redevelopment of ONTransfer.ca.
- Manages advertising and marketing of ONCAT/ONTransfer.ca activities.
- Monitors effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of digital marketing campaigns.
- Advises in the development & execution of digital ads, including the management of Google analytics.
- Advises on media buying opportunities, purchases advertisements and researches new opportunities to increase awareness of ONTransfer.ca.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree or advanced diploma, preferably in Marketing or Communications.
- 5 to 7 years’ of relevant work experience in communications progressively into senior roles.
- Experience managing stakeholder relations, communication/media plans, projects and initiatives.
- Experience working in a non-profit (provincial or national) or broader public sector organization, or postsecondary educational institution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including:
- Copy writing (including web content)
- Proofreading and editing
- Copy editing
- Ability to clearly communicate information effectively and persuasively
- Knowledge of Ontario’s postsecondary education sector.
- Experience supervising marketing and graphic projects and, using social media tools to engage with stakeholders Strong project and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to establish, collaborate and maintain relationships with a diverse range of people and organizations (e.g. vendors, internal experts or teams, stakeholders, students).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- High proficiency with MS Office and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong understanding of SharePoint and other content managements systems including Drupal.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and use the position title as your subject line.
The deadline to apply is October 20th 11:59pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Additional testing may be required.
ONCAT is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform ONCAT of your requirements.
ONCAT welcomes qualified applications from persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples from North America, including First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples, visible minorities (racialized) persons, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQ+. ONCAT supports an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace.