Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Type: Student Internship / Contract (June to August 2019)
Reports to: Communications & Events Coordinator
About the Employer
Established in 2011, the Ontario Council on Articulation and Transfer (ONCAT) was created by the government of Ontario to enhance academic pathways and reduce barriers for students looking to transfer among Ontario's 45 publicly funded colleges and universities. As a member organization, ONCAT works with those institutions to develop transfer credit policies and practices to ease student mobility. ONCAT also maintains the ONTransfer.ca website, a student portal designed to connect students to transfer opportunities within Ontario. Through ONTransfer.ca, students are able to make informed decisions about credit transfer in Ontario.
About the Position
Working closely with the Communications & Events Coordinator and the Strategic Communications & Public Affairs Director, you will provide communications support, including a content audit and revisions to our student-facing ONTransfer.ca website, managing digital marketing, and providing additional writing support as needed.
- Audits content and rewrites with the goal of improving the usability, design, content, and conversion of the ONTransfer.ca website
- Supports liaising with stakeholders in facilitating and evaluating feedback on the website revision process
- Creates and monitors digital marketing, including Google AdWords and programmatic buys to drive traffic to the ONTransfer.ca website
- Monitors, tracks, and analyzes digital marketing to evaluate effectiveness, and makes adjustments to maximize usage
- Supports liaising with vendors/agencies and evaluating feedback on modes of outreach, creative development, and design
- Works across the organization to assist in creating and maintaining an editorial calendar by scheduling due dates, and tracking content through the editorial process
- Develops user-centric web content, which includes writing, editing, and/or organizing new and existing content
The successful candidate will possess an optimal combination of the following background and experience:
- Knowledge of and ability to manage Google AdWords, Google analytics, programmatic buys, social media platforms, and basic website updates
- Exceptional written communications skills, including strong storytelling abilities
- Has the ability to write for multiple audiences
- Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating marketing plans and materials
- Experience with content creation and calendar planning
- Positive, flexible, and collaborative approach with strong focus on achieving results
- Postsecondary education in a related field
- Experience in the postsecondary and/or non-profit sector would be an asset
- French language would be an asset
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the position title as your subject line.
The deadline to apply May 26th, 2019 11:59pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
A written test may be administered.
ONCAT is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform ONCAT of your requirements.