ONCAT works with Indigenous Institutes to support increased transfer student supports, transfer advising, and other transfer priorities determined by the institute. This funding supports internal capacity and operating needs related to transfer and facilitates better inclusion of Indigenous Institutes in Ontario’s transfer system.
Through this funding, ONCAT is working with Indigenous Institutes to take stock of the current state of transfer policies, student supports, data/reporting, pathways, and sector engagement, identify priority action areas, and begin to implement strategies and interventions.
Areas of Focus
- Increased Representation and Participation in the Ontario Transfer System: participating in ONCAT strategies, working with other PSE stakeholders on transfer strategies.
- Clearly Articulated and Responsive Transfer Policies: Development of institutional-wide policies and governance models that provide strategic direction for transfer credit and student mobility initiatives.
- Transfer Student Supports: develop and implement transfer student-specific services and supports to help ensure smooth transition and academic success as incoming or outgoing transfer students.
- Transfer Data and Information Systems: Develop and strengthen capacity to record, track, and report transfer student data.
- Pathway Development and Maintenance: Increase pathway options for Indigenous Institute students.
- Building Transferability into New Programs: as Indigenous Institutes develop new programs or begin to offer programs independently, building in transferability.
Through this funding, ONCAT is working with Indigenous Institutes to take stock of the current state of transfer policies, student supports, data/reporting, pathways and sector engagement, identify priority action areas, and begin to implement strategies and interventions.
Funding will generally range from $50,000-$75,000 per Indigenous Institute per year.
In addition, Indigenous Institutes can apply for research, transfer pathways, seamless transfer, and other funding opportunities at ONCAT to support specific projects.
Indigenous Institutes are eligible for this funding opportunity.
- If you would like to discuss your project before applying, please reach out to Nick Hanson, Director of Research, Data and Funding, email@example.com and copy Inna Yeranosyan, Grants and Projects Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To view the Budget Guidelines, please click here.
Key components of a proposal for this funding stream includes:
- Transfer Scan: reflection on current practices/state related to transfer policies, transfer student supports, transfer data/information systems, pathway development, transfer system engagement.
- Priority Action Areas: identification of priority transfer areas for growth over the course of 12-18 months.
- Exploration and Implementation Plans: Outline of strategies and key activities.
- Budget: A clear and realistic budget that aligns with the proposed activities.