Digital and Secure Transcript Exchange:
MyCreds Institutional Onboarding Funding Opportunity
ONCAT is providing funding to support Ontario postsecondary institutions to onboard to MyCreds™ | MesCertif™, a national shared service project supported by the Association of Registrars of the Universities and Colleges of Canada (ARUCC), to create a virtual learner credential wallet and document and data exchange network. This initiative is endorsed by ONCAT, the Council of Ontario Universities, the provincial registrars’ associations, eCampusOntario, and other organizations including individual institutions. MyCreds™ | MesCertif™ will facilitate more seamless student transfer by making it easier to share and ensure the veracity of transcripts and other documents.
For institutions joining MyCreds™ | MesCertif™, ONCAT will help cover costs directly related to the institution pursuing implementation that involves establishing Single Sign On and API connections between local Student Information Systems, supporting institutions to work with XML and/or commit to working towards XML document capabilities. For institutions that have already onboarded, but only partially implemented these capacities, ONCAT will provide additional funding to support personnel time and other costs to expand connecting capabilities.
Institutions that are approved for this first tranche of funding and that have joined or intend to join MyCreds™ | MesCertif™ will receive:
- Funding to help offset costs associated with onboarding, including institutional personnel time required to implement MyCreds™ | MesCertif™. Funding availability ranges from $10 000-$25 000 based on the internal resources needed to undertake this process.
- Additional funding is available to support small institutions, that may need to rely on the main MyCreds | MesCertif staffing to complete the onboarding process. Funding would support additional personal staffing required for institutions to take on this initiative. Institutions must have less than 10,000 registered (Full-time equivalent as of Fall 2021) students to apply for this category.
- Onboarding support from ARUCC MyCreds™ | MesCertif™.
- Opportunity to apply for MyCreds Phase 2 funding. Institutions that have successfully launched the MyCreds™ | MesCertif™ platform and completed MyCreds onboarding funding project with ONCAT are eligible to apply for additional funding to implement XML document capabilities. Funding will range from $10,000 to $25,000, depending on the scope of work.
- Publicly-assisted colleges, universities and Indigenous Institutes in Ontario are eligible to apply.
- Prior to the approval and the release of funding, Institutions will need to have entered into a Service Agreement with ARUCC. Institutions will also need to confirm they are working with XML and/or are committed to working towards XML document capabilities.
- Institutions that receive ONCAT funding will need commit to pursuing onboarding within a 3 to 4 month time period as the goal with this funding is to support rapid scaling in keeping with the demands of COVID and COVID recovery.
- Please note that this funding cannot duplicate activities covered by CTIG funding or to directly pay for onboarding fees.
How to Apply
- If you are new to MyCreds™ | MesCertif™ or in the preliminary stages of exploring MyCreds™ | MesCertif™ for your institution, please reach out to ARUCC to learn more about what is involved in the onboarding process.
- Once your institution is at the stage of entering a Service Agreement with ARUCC for MyCreds™ | MesCertif™, you can apply for funding to support the onboarding process. Please submit an Expression of Interest to ONCAT. The expression of interest involves:
- Overview of key personnel involved at your institution
- Anticipated timelines to complete the process
- Approvals/Sign off from your institution
- A budget outlining the key costs associated with this process
- Note: You will need to confirm that your institution has entered in an agreement with ARUCC as a final stage before funds will be released. To aid the submission process, institutional personnel will be encouraged by ARUCC to start the early stages of onboarding to aid their discovery process and completion of the EOI.
- Please note: only one Expression of Interest can be submitted per institution.
- You can access the expression of interest here.
If you would like to discuss your project before applying, please reach out to Nick Hanson, Director of Research, Data and Funding, email@example.com and copy Inna Yeranosyan, Grants and Projects Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about MyCreds™ | MesCertif™ or the ARUCC agreement process or would like to see a demonstration, email the executive lead, Joanne Duklas, at email@example.com.