Digital and Secure Transcript Exchange
MyCreds Institutional Onboarding Funding Opportunity
ONCAT is providing funding to support Ontario postsecondary institutions to onboard digitized transcripts to MyCreds™ | MesCertif™, a national shared service project supported by the Association of Registrars of the Universities and Colleges of Canada (ARUCC), to create a virtual learner credential wallet and document and data exchange network. MyCreds™ | MesCertif™ will facilitate more seamless student transfer by making it easier to share and ensure the veracity of transcripts and other documents.
For institutions joining MyCreds™, ONCAT will help cover costs directly related to the institution pursuing implementation that involves establishing Single Sign On and API connections between local Student Information Systems, supporting the development of transcript digitization capacity through MyCreds™ . For institutions that have already onboarded to MyCreds™ but only partially implemented transcript sharing capacities, ONCAT may provide additional funding to support personnel time and other costs to expand the development of transcript digitization capacity through MyCreds™ .
Institutions that are approved for this first tranche of funding and that have joined or intend to join MyCreds™ | MesCertif™ will receive:
- Funding to help offset costs associated with onboarding, including institutional personnel time required to implement MyCreds™ | MesCertif™. Funding availability ranges from $10 000-$25 000 based on the internal resources needed to undertake this process.
- Additional funding is available to support small institutions, that may need to rely on the main MyCreds | MesCertif staffing to complete the onboarding process. Funding would support additional personal staffing required for institutions to take on this initiative. Institutions must have less than 10,000 registered (Full-time equivalent as of Fall 2020) students to apply for this category.
- Onboarding support from ARUCC MyCreds™ | MesCertif™.
- Publicly-assisted colleges, universities and Indigenous Institutes in Ontario are eligible to apply.
- Prior to the approval and the release of funding, Institutions will need to have entered into a Service Agreement with ARUCC. Institutions will also need to confirm they are working with XML and/or are committed to working towards XML document capabilities.
- Institutions that receive ONCAT funding will need commit to pursuing onboarding within a 3 to 4 month time period as the goal with this funding is to support rapid scaling in keeping with the demands of COVID and COVID recovery.
- Please note that this funding cannot duplicate activities covered by CTIG funding or to directly pay for onboarding fees.
How to Apply
- If you are new to MyCreds™ | MesCertif™ or in the preliminary stages of exploring MyCreds™ | MesCertif™ for your institution, please reach out to ARUCC to learn more about what is involved in the onboarding process.
- Once your institution is at the stage of entering a Service Agreement with ARUCC for MyCreds™ | MesCertif™, you can apply for funding to support the onboarding process. Please submit an Expression of Interest to ONCAT. The expression of interest involves:
- Overview of key personnel involved at your institution
- Anticipated timelines to complete the process
- Approvals/Sign off from your institution
- A budget outlining the key costs associated with this process
- Note: You will need to confirm that your institution has entered in an agreement with ARUCC as a final stage before funds will be released. To aid the submission process, institutional personnel will be encouraged by ARUCC to start the early stages of onboarding to aid their discovery process and completion of the EOI.
- Please note: only one Expression of Interest can be submitted per institution.
- You can access the expression of interest here.
If you would like to discuss your project before applying, please reach out to Ana Skinner, Manager, Funding Programs, at email@example.com. If you have questions about MyCreds™ | MesCertif™ or the ARUCC agreement process or would like to see a demonstration, email the executive lead, Joanne Duklas, at firstname.lastname@example.org.