The Ontario Council on Articulation and Transfer (ONCAT) is currently accepting applications for membership on its Board of Directors.
ONCAT is a provincially funded not-for-profit organization created to enhance academic pathways and reduce barriers for students looking to transfer among Ontario's 45 publicly assisted colleges and universities. As a member organization, ONCAT works with those institutions to develop transfer credit policies and practices to ease student mobility within the province. The Board of Directors advances the mandate of ONCAT and Directors play key roles related to fiduciary responsibility, governance, stakeholder relations and strategic directions.
These volunteer positions provide an opportunity to work with colleagues across Ontario’s postsecondary education system to help shape the development of a mature transfer system in Ontario. There is no compensation associated with membership on the ONCAT Board; however, members will receive reimbursement for expenses incurred when they attend Board meetings or engage in other Board business. There are four Board meetings per year, and there may be some additional work associated with ONCAT activities or with committees.
At this time, we are looking for representatives from Ontario’s publicly assisted colleges and universities to fill the following Director vacancies:
- Student representative (college), currently enrolled in college with transfer experience or previous experience in university.
- Student representative (university), currently enrolled in university with transfer experience or previous experience in college.
- Recent graduate from an Ontario college or university with transfer experience or educational experience in both college and university.
- Director at Large, representing the public, with experience in financial, audit, governance or risk management.
- Vice President Academic (or equivalent) of an Ontario college.
We are particularly interested in applications from individuals who have expertise in the fields of finance, government relations/public policy, information technology and planning. ONCAT also strives to recruit a Board of Directors that reflects the diversity of the province of Ontario.
To apply to serve on the Board of Directors, please submit a letter of interest outlining your skills and qualifications and your resume or C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply is Monday, October 1, 2018.
For information about the Board of Directors or ONCAT in general, please contact Yvette Munro at email@example.com or by phone at (416) 640-6958. For general information about ONCAT, please visit www.oncat.ca