Office and Meeting Coordinator / Administrative Assistant
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Type: 3 month contract (possible renewal)
Reports to: Operations Director
About the Employer
Established in 2011, the Ontario Council on Articulation and Transfer (ONCAT) was created by the government of Ontario to enhance academic pathways and reduce barriers for students looking to transfer among Ontario's 45 publicly funded colleges, universities and indigenous institutes. As a member organization, ONCAT works with those institutions to develop transfer credit policies and practices to ease student mobility. ONCAT also maintains the ONTransfer.ca website, a student portal designed to connect students to transfer opportunities within Ontario. Through ONTransfer.ca, students are able to make informed decisions about credit transfer in Ontario.
About the Position
Under the direction of the Operations Director and Executive Director, the Office and Meeting Coordinator position will fill a multi-functional role that will support the day-to-day facilitation, operation and management of the workplace. The incumbent maintains the Executive Director’s schedule, acts as a coordinator for ONCAT’s office resources and is responsible for the documents and files of the organization. In short, this position revolves around ensuring the functionality of the workplace by assisting with the integration of people, places, process and technology while balancing the needs of the organization and managing to or below budget.
This role requires 3 to 5 years working experience as an administrative assistant or office coordinator in customer service, office management and maintenance preferably in a non-profit or educational environment; experience supporting Executive leadership in a complex institutional environment
The successful candidate will possess an optimal combination of the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Good knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Ability to exercise substantial discretion and deal with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to work independently and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders and vendors.
- Ability to use computer software such as Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, webinar tools.
- Ability to adapt to change and learn new applications.
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize work, and work under pressure with constant interruptions.
- Ability to effectively meet numerous competing demands and deadlines.
- Ability to perform complete, thorough and accurate work.
- Ability to input data with a high level of accuracy
- Bilingualism – French and English (spoken and written) is preferred.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and use the position title as your subject line and name the files with your first and last name. The deadline to apply is Monday, June 3rd, 2019, 11:59pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted
ONCAT is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform ONCAT of your requirements.