Please refer to the following guidelines before submitting your budget for consideration
- Includes salaries, honoraria, stipends, specified by rate and time
- In cases where a faculty member’s time on the project will affect workload and a teaching release is required to provide backfill for the faculty member or academic administrator involved in this project, ONCAT will fund the hiring of a part-time instructor at the college/university/Indigenous institute at the institution’s per semester rate. Please be clear in the workplan and ‘core team’ sections of your application the anticipated time commitment of each person, especially where support for backfill is being requested.
- Senior academic administration (decanal or above) and full-time administration whose responsibilities include academic partnerships, program development and/or transfer credit should be considered in-kind contributions.
Includes direct costs for materials, supplies, related to this project
- ONCAT will not pay for permanent fixtures (for example: laptops, computers, permanent software purchases). ONCAT will only pay for costs specifically and solely related to the project, such as temporary software licenses (i.e. fluid survey)
Travel & Accommodation
- If applicable, this includes any travel & accommodations necessary to conducting project activities. Please be clear in the workplan where travel is needed and include in the budget a breakdown of number of trips and duration. Use of teleconferencing or other cost-effective means to reduce travel-related costs are highly encouraged.
- For travel-related expenses, ONCAT abides by the Government of Ontario Travel, Meal and Hospitality Expenses Directive, please see the following link: https://dr6j45jk9xcmk.cloudfront.net/documents/5019/ontario-travel-directive-effective-january-1.pdf
This is generally calculated at 10% of the request for funding to ONCAT and intended to cover activities such as overall project administration by the project lead institution, use of space and resources, etc.
ONCAT will not duplicate any funding received from the Credit Transfer Innovation Grant. If you have sought and received funding through the CTIG for this project or any positions requested for funding, this project will be deemed ineligible for funding. Please note: ONCAT may request revisions to project budgets subject to CTIG funding decisions.
ONCAT will not cover expenses related to academic program or transfer pathway delivery.
- For applications that include an online component, the online development will not be eligible for ONCAT funding and will be at the expense of the institution(s). Please refer to eCampus Ontario for possible support.
- ONCAT will not cover expenses not directly and clearly related to the project activities and goals as outlined in the application and workplan.