Location: Downtown Toronto location at University and Dundas near St. Patrick Station (180 Dundas West, Suite 1902)
Type: Placement opportunity (35 hours per week, 9am-5pm, Sept 9 - Dec 6, 2019)
Rate of pay: $22.00 per hour
About the Employer
Established in 2011, the Ontario Council on Articulation and Transfer (ONCAT) was created to enhance academic pathways and reduce barriers for students looking to transfer among Ontario's publicly assisted colleges, universities and Indigenous institutes. As a non-profit organization created and funded by the Government of Ontario, ONCAT works with postsecondary education institutions to build a seamless system for transfer credit in Ontario and support student mobility.
About the Position
Reporting to the Data Analyst and working collaboratively with other staff at ONCAT the successful candidate will review and analyze ONCAT’s managed data, data from ONCAT’s funded projects as well as data from external sources. Candidate will contribute to ONCAT’s overall data analysis and research capacity. The successful candidate is also expected to participate as a contributing member of cross-functional teams.
- Supporting research and data analysis initiatives that align with ONCAT’s mandate and priorities
- Supporting the Data Analyst and Senior Researcher to develop reports and document relevant procedures
- Providing analysis, evaluation and interpretation of data
- Synthesizing information from multiple sources and preparing data ‘snapshots’ for multiple uses and audiences
- Providing analysis contributing to the development of ONCAT’s Research Plan
- Bachelor’s degree with some post-graduate level studies
- Some experience working with large data sets, using either Excel (e.g. vlookups) or SQL
- Some knowledge of quantitative research methods, and familiarity with relevant data analysis software (e.g. SPSS)
- Understanding of the postsecondary education sector in Ontario and interest in higher education policy/research
- Demonstrated organization and time management skills, ability to think and write critically, and work with minimal direction
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work both independently with attention to detail and as a contributing member of a small staff team
- Strong technical, communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and use the position title “Research Analyst” as your subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
ONCAT is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform ONCAT of your requirements.
Position subject to funding.