Call for Transfer Student Volunteers
Location: Ontario (virtual participation is available)
Category: Policy and Programs
About the Employer
Established in 2011, the Ontario Council on Articulation and Transfer (ONCAT) was created to enhance academic pathways and reduce barriers for students looking to transfer among Ontario's 45 publicly funded colleges and universities. As a member organization, it works with those institutions to develop transfer credit policies and practices to ease student mobility.
- Be a current student or recent graduate (last two years) and have transferred at least once in their academic journey
- Have transferred within Ontario only
- Able to commit at least 25 hours, spread out over the course of 12 months
- Have some flexibility to be able to attend various meetings and/or events
Transfer is defined as moving from postsecondary institutions to another (ex. College-to-College/ University-to-University/ College-to-University/ University-to-College) or transferring to or from an Ontario college/university to or from an Ontario Indigenous Institute. It may include a series of individual courses (e.g. semester of courses), block credit transfer, or collaborative/joint programs (programs that allow you to study at both schools & earn one or more credentials from one or both institutions). It does not include movement from Bachelors to Graduate programs (Masters/Doctorate/Professional) as these are two separate levels of learning, where the Bachelors is a requirement/prerequisites for application to the Graduate program.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide feedback on ONCAT activities as needed, including but not limited to:
- The ONCAT website, ONTransfer.ca, promotional materials, and other resources
- Communications and outreach strategies, such as advertisements, fairs, conferences, etc.
- Annual Student Experience Survey, and other research initiatives
- Various committees and projects
- Participate as a student representative in ONCAT activities as needed, including but not limited to:
- ONCAT events, such as the Annual Student Pathways in Higher Education Conference
- ONTransfer.ca Day
- Grant review committees
- Assist ONCAT in liaising with Ontario postsecondary students as needed and/or providing advice to ONCAT on how to engage students effectively
A $500 honorarium will be provided upon completion of participation in ONCAT facilitated workshops and meetings.
Please apply outlining your interest in the position, how you meet the requirements, and your current resume to email@example.com
We are recruiting STEP volunteers on an ongoing basis.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
ONCAT is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform ONCAT of your requirements.