Who we are
Established in 2011, the Ontario Council on Articulation and Transfer (ONCAT) was created to enhance student pathways and reduce barriers for students looking to transfer among Ontario's 45 public postsecondary institutions. It was created as a member-driven organization to work with all public colleges and universities to enable the system of credit transfer to develop as rapidly as possible, while also respecting institutional autonomy.
What we do
Enhanced information channels for students
- ONCAT continues to work with students to ensure that there is a better understanding of the transfer and mobility opportunities afforded by our system.
- ONCAT maintains the ONTransfer.ca website, which provides students with up-to-date, authoritative information on block credit agreements, and pathways between postsecondary institutions.
- ONCAT continues to work with partner institutions to ensure that all pathways and agreements are available on the ONTransfer.ca website.
- ONCAT launched a Course-to-Course Transfer Guide that allows students to identify which specific courses will be accepted by institutions.
Helping postsecondary institutions collaborate in building enhanced pathways
ONCAT supports projects spanning all types of student transfer, including apprenticeship to diploma; diploma to diploma; and diploma to degree. Most of these projects are multi-institutional by nature, and are designed to identify gaps in the curriculum and develop programming to fill those gaps.
ONCAT is equally committed to knowledge-gathering. There are two essential elements to this work: supporting research, as well as gathering data and creating better mechanisms for its collection. This will help develop more robust indicators of our success, both as an organization and a province, with respect to credit transfer, and will help us measure success against system-level goals.
Board of Directors
- Tim McTiernan, President and Vice-Chancellor of UOIT (Co-Chair)
- Glenn Vollebregt, President and CEO of St. Lawrence College (Co-Chair)
- Donna Church, Vice-President Academic, Academic Affairs, Lambton College
- Lynn Casimiro, Vice-President Academic and Student Success, La Cité collégiale
- Rhonda Lenton, Vice-President Academic and Provost, York University
- Susan McCahan, Vice-Provost, Innovations in Undergraduate Education, University of Toronto
- Chris Fernlund, University Student Representative
- Luke Speers, College/University Graduate Representative
- Cindy Hazell, External Representative
- Terry Papineau, External Representative
- vacant, College Student Representative
Ex Officio Members of the Board:
- Lia Quickert, Interim Executive Director, ONCAT
- Karen Creditor, Chief Executive Officer, Ontario College Application Service
- Peter Gooch, Senior Director, Policy and Analysis, Council of Ontario Universities
- David Porter, Executive Director, eCampus Ontario
- Bill Summers, Vice-President Research, Colleges Ontario
- George Granger, Acting Executive Director, Ontario Universities' Application Centre
ONCAT is incorporated under the Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act and is governed according to the ONCAT General Bylaw.